|Winner's Tutorial, Challenge 11, by pagina_nova
||[Jun. 24th, 2008|09:35 am]
Several Plums - an Icon Challenge/Tutorial communi
We'll be going from to .|
1. Grab your base; crop, resize, sharpen, whatever is necessary. I wanted to emphasize both characters, so I went with this:
2. I wanted to heighten the black/white of my icon, so go to Brightness/Contrast and raise the Contrast by 20%.
3. It's still looking fairly gray and washed out. Duplicate your base and set it to Screen, 100%.
4. Merge visible layers, and then duplicate your result (you should have two identical layers). For now we're only going to be working with the bottom layer, so just ignore the top one.
5. Set your base layer to Blur.
6. Time for sparkles! I used this texture by [Did you make this? Let me know!], set to Screen, 100%.
7. Next I wanted to add a wash of color. I used this texture by [Did you make this? Let me know!], set it to Screen @ 100%.
8. Remember that duplicate layer from step 4? Now we get to play with that. Drag it to the top, and rescale it to 70x70.
9. Select the layer and Stroke Selection in White, 6px.
And you're done! I'd love to see your results! Questions~ just ask!